Meeting: 15 Sep 22
The Entrepreneurship Campus invites innovative ideas for the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition to create a culture for entrepreneurship, promote entrepreneurship education, engage in a more peaceful world and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The Entrepreneurship Campus empowers social entrepreneurs, especially young people, from around the world to create a culture for entrepreneurship, promote entrepreneurship education and engage in a more peaceful world. Participants are invited to submit their innovative ideas and social impact projects that advance and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) is part of the Entrepreneurship Campus and was initiated to empower entrepreneurs around the world to find innovative answers to global and/or community challenges and to work towards a more peaceful and sustainable world.
The Entrepreneurship Campus prioritizes the security of marginalized individuals over the comfort of privileged individuals and therefore does not respond to complaints regarding:
- “Reverse” isms, including “reverse racism,” “reverse sexism,” and “cisphobia.”
- Appropriate communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not going to discuss this with you.”
- Communicating in a “tone” you don’t like.
- Criticism of racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions.
awards and recognition
- Entries will be published on the competition website and can be commented on online and publicly voted on. Ten finalists in the Youth (Idea & Project) and Adult (Idea & Project) categories will be determined based on votes and the Personal Activity Indicator algorithm.
- Finalists are asked to submit a video of their idea/project if they have not already done so. The video must not be longer than 3 minutes, longer videos cannot be considered!
- From the finalists, the jury will make the final selection of three winners (grand prize, 2nd prize and 3rd prize) in each category. Entries will be judged on, among other things, their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact and sustainability. The participant with the most votes in both categories receives the audience award. You are automatically one of the finalists.
- Grand prize winners will receive a virtual gold badge and certificate.
- Second prize winners will receive a virtual silver badge and certificate.
- Third prize winners will receive a virtual bronze badge and certificate.
- People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a virtual gold badge and certificate.
- Finalists who are not selected as award winners receive a badge of honor.
- Grand Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize and Audience Prize were announced at the virtual announcement on December 10, 2022.
- Anyone aged 13 and over who has an innovative idea for a business that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and anyone aged 13 and over who wants to start such a business in the form of a business, non-profit organization or an informal program.
- Anyone able to submit their entry in English.
- Depending on your age, you will either take part in the youth (13 – 29 years) or adults (30 years and older) category.
For more information visit https://www.entrepreneurship-campus.org/?gclid=CjwKCAjwopWSBhB6EiwAjxmqDRQ9aJ5e7vrGyt8yz3pYd9AiH4J_IoiNL7czgFBwuynlWQ–ZkJBiRoCBXYQAvD_BwE