The actions of Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) are currently 25% below pre-pandemic levels despite record investor optimism for sports betting and iGaming business in October 2021. The company operates a total of 52 nationwide properties in 16 states with slot machines slot, video lottery terminals, table games and other hospitality service offerings. Lately, the strong competitive rivalry due to several players including Draft Kings, Barstool, bet365, HardRock Café, BetMGM and FanDuel has become a concern for investors. However, DKNG stock has a market capitalization of $6 billion with digital casino as its key product offering. So, Trefis thinks Caesar stock is poised for more gains. See our analysis Caesars Entertainment stock upside chance for more details. (Related: Will the Las Vegas Sands action climb the ladder again?)
Five days: CZR 6.9%, vs. S&P 500 4.6%; Market outperformed (15% probability of event)
- CZR Stock gained 6.9% over a five-day trading period ending 05/29/2022, versus the broader market (S&P500) which rose 4.6%.
- Returns of 6.9% or more out of five– daytime 286 times out of 1,929 (15%); Stock increased over the next five days in 157 of those 286 cases (55%).
Ten days: CZR -0.8%, vs. S&P 500 3.8%; Underperforming market (37% probability of event)
- CZR Stock decreased by 1% over the past ten trading days (two weeks), versus the broader market (S&P500) which rose 3.8%.
- Returns of -0.8% or less on 10 day period 714 times out of 1,924 (37%); The stock increased over the next 10 days in 408 of these 714 cases (57%).
Twenty-one days: CZR -22%, vs. S&P 500 0.8%; Underperforming market (2% probability of event)
- CZR Stock decreases 22% over the past twenty-one trading days (about a month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which has remained almost flat.
- Returns of -22% or less on 21 day period 42 times out of 1913 (2%); Stock increased over the next 21 days in 33 of those 42 cases (79%).
With stock prices falling precipitously across all sectors, we may be heading into a bear market for the first time since March 2020, when the Covid-19 outbreak triggered a stock market crash. We capture key Dow Jones trends during and after major stock market crashes in our interactive dashboard analysis,’Comparison of stock market crashes.’
What if you were looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Our quality portfolio and multi-strategy portfolio have consistently beaten the market since late 2016.
Invest with Trefis Wallets that beat the market
See everything Trefis Price estimates